Auditor vs. Security?
A best practice in PCI compliance is to use auditors who bring in security experts as needed, rather than using security experts alone.
Auditors are testers of processes, trained to perform and document multiple tests using various auditing techniques.
Security experts are technicians. They may find technical vulnerabilities, but they are not always trained to perform all the tests needed to validate compliance.
- PCI Overview
- Common Misconceptions That Can Cost You Money
- Pointe Solutions PCI Process
- Why Pointe Solutions for PCI
- PCI Security Standards Council
- PCI Resources for Merchants
- VISA Merchant Levels
- MasterCard Merchant Levels